Wednesday, August 21, 2013

September Issue of MARIE CLAIRE

What a way to welcome fall! An exceptional read, I had to set my September issue of Marie Claire aside after reading a little more than half way through just to get a start on this post before everything I read became fuzzy. First off, reading any Marie Claire is always an insightful adventure of sorts. I feel more intellectually mature after simply opening an issue, but after an afternoon spent marveling at new trends and being intrigued by every article, short and long, start to finish, I can feel my brain tingling with new fashion know-how and vocabulary. Talk about becoming your own personal thesaurus in 400 pages or less!  The magazine demands that fashion be seen as an art form. Every issue never fails to revamp the old ways of styling and accessorizing into something more current for the modern fashionista.  Seasons come and go, and with each passing season a new trend(s) arises. Rather than emptying your bank account at the risk of not being perceived as fashion forward, choose a few pieces you can incorporate with items in your current wardrobe that project this fall season's trends. Nicolette Mason, writer of Big Girl in a Skinny World, writes "I call them 'strong basics' --edgy enough to stand out but as versatile as your favorite LBD or pencil skirt." So what exactly can we expect for fall fashion? Combing through the issue's 101 Ideas pages will give you just that, ideas! No I can't purchase the luxury high fashion garments that grace this part of the issue, but I'm always inspired by them nonetheless, and from that inspiration I conjure up my own ensemble ideas that I can purchase at my favorite stores for less. Where else can you discover fashion inspiration? If you're a busy woman in business, according to Small Screen, Major Chic writer Melissa Bykofsky, checking out some of the latest television hits like ABC's Scandal or HBO's Veep, showcasing career focused women, is a great way to do so.  More specifically though, layered metallics and fur, faux of course, are a couple of key pieces you might want to invest in for this season.  Seeking inspiration from style magazines like Marie Claire can aid you in shopping locally or online so you can become a little more trendy and a lot less spendy ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment