Saturday, July 20, 2013

It Seriously Pays to BOGO

Coupons in hand, my mother and I browsed through Goody's this evening looking for, what else, but deals and boy did we land a few! The store was having a bogo sale on their shoe selection, specifically buy one get one 50% off.  A khaki and pink colored pair of Polo Ralph Lauren loafers were the first pair to catch my eye.  I'd previously purchased a similar pair approximately a year ago. They're a tad rough looking now though. They might have lasted me longer had I not worn them frequently at my work-study position involving various types of construction.  The other purchase was a pair of electric blue and neon yellow trainer series Nikes. Coincidentally, I'd purchased a similar pair of Nikes a couple years ago, but as they were the only athletic shoes I would wear, frequent use in both indoor and outdoor exercise activities took its toll on them. I guess you could say I updated my shoe game today.  Besides having the bogo sale reduce the total for both shoes, of course coupons lent a hand in reducing our final total even more. The Nikes were originally priced at $65.00 and the use of our 40% off coupon made them $39.00. Then the loafers started out at the price of $60.00, were on sale for $34.99, factoring the 50% off from the bogo sale made them $17.49, and lastly another 40% off coupon set them at the purchasing price of  only $10.49! Our grand total for both pairs of shoes was $52.11, saving us $75.51!  It's always rewarding to know you saved more than you spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment