Monday, December 16, 2013

Today's Look

This look is not one for anything in particular. I just took a little risk and wanted to share!  I'm home for the holidays and went to see my sister's basketball team play tonight, and my outfit is mostly inspired by their team colors: blue & orange. These actually make for a great color combination because they're complimentary. So what I've done here is kept things simple with a brown boot and black leggings, and then mixed things up literally with a men's plaid flannel and a striped long sleeve tee layered together. What's key here is the neutral navy blue in both pieces. They're not an exact match but who's looking that close? The only strong color here is obviously the bright orange! So it absolutely works! I've cuffed the sleeves of the flannel and laid the collar out against the long sleeve tee, and having it poke out just enough at the bottom made it a great option for leggings. Oh and my San Francisco Giants hat was the final touch! This was my second time mixing patterns together and again I loved the results. I hope you all will give this a try if you haven't already. If you do, please tweet me your looks so I can see!! 





Boots: Enzo Angiolin
Leggins: J.C. Penny
Flannel: Liz Claiborne
Long Sleeved Tee: Gap
Watch: Fossil

No comments:

Post a Comment