Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Game of Thrones: Daenerys Targaryen Halloween Costume

Almost a month later, I'm finally blogging about the details of my Halloween costume! Earlier this year I became a fan of the hit TV series on HBO, Game of Thrones. I knew months in advance that I wanted to dress as one of the series' leading characters, Daenerys Targaryen or Khalessi as she is sometimes referred to in the show. "Dani" has several ensembles through out the first through the third seasons of the show so having plenty of options to work with in creating her look was very helpful. 
The main two pieces that I'm wearing are not an exact replica of anything she wears in the show, but are extremely inspired by her style.  I could absolutely see her wearing something of this nature in the show. As to where to purchase the top and skirt, I wish I could tell you! I bought both pieces several years ago from a small Indian clothing store, and I'd never had an occasion to wear them until now. My brown boots are by Enzo Angiolini. My gloves I purchased in a two set from Walmart. I cut the fingers off mid-length and gently scorched the edges with a lighter to ensure they need not begin to unravel.  My wig, I simply purchased at a local Halloween store open for the season. My sweet dragons, I also purchased at Walmart, and my makeup look was inspired by a Youtube tutorial by Michelle Phan. This look was very inexpensive and I was extremely happy with the way it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment