Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Playing with Patterns

With fashion, as in life, it's important to take risks every now and then.  Those risks might lead you to discover something spectacular like a new outfit that was living in your closet all the while that you never knew you had! Such was the case for me several weeks ago when I was surveying my wardrobe in search of something to wear to one night of my show that was running at the time. I wanted to piece together some items I never had before and that's when I decided to take a risk and mix some prints and patterns together. This is what I came up with! I'm in LOVE with this look. There's so much going on but I don't feel like anything clashes or it's too much and here's why; Though my top is polka-dotted, my skirt is striped, and my heels are leopard print- every piece contains the neutral color black. In fact the only none neutral colors in this look are the two pinks. Besides pink, we have black, brown, and white; Not a very loud color scheme when you think about it yet the look is quite eye catching due to the various patterns. If you're not someone who wears a lot of patterns but would like too and just aren't sure how to make them work, I hope this will help you out!


Top: Charlotte Ruse
Skirt & Belt: Charlotte Ruse
Heels: Unknown, 
but if you want to recreate this look, any leopard print using the same colors should work!

No comments:

Post a Comment