Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fresh Face for Spring!

Lately, I've been wearing a very natural, simple, easy makeup look which I believe to be absolutely perfect for spring! It takes me less than five minutes to apply everything for this look, yet it still looks very polished, not to mention it lasts all day! So here goes! For my foundation, I use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin liquid makeup in the color buff. This product is very light weight, and it provides me with a mild even coverage, and what I mean by that is that this makeup is not one that will cover blemishes fully, but it does give your skin a subtle healthy glow. It also contains broad spectrum suncreen in spf 20!

Concealer is optional of course, but I've been using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin brightening eye perfector. This product also contains spf 25. This is perhaps more useful for adding youthful, lightness to the eyes as opposed to concealing under eye circles. This product may also be used as a primer should you want to apply any eye shadow but, for this simple look, I am not. I apply the eye perfector underneath my eyes, the inner corners on either side of my nose, just under my brows, and If I have any excess product on the applicator, I will place it down the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheeks as a very minimal highlight. 

Next to set both the foundation and the highlight, I lightly dust Neutrogena's Healthy Skin pressed powder all over my face and under my chin as you should always slightly carry your makeup down to your neck to prevent any harsh lines. If you'd prefer a more dewy finish as opposed to matte, you can simply just apply the powder to the areas you used your highlighter, or those areas and your nose, forehead and chin. I have worn the look both ways, matte and dewy, and I love both equally. As an additional step, if you're going to be wearing this look outdoors in the warm weather for an extended period of time, you can apply Neutrogena's shine control powder to the areas on your face where you tend to perspire such as your hair line or T zone. This product is excellent for absorbing excess moisture on your face, helping your makeup last longer. Next apply any blush to the apples of your cheeks, and any excess product on your brush or applicator to your temples. The majority of the time I use Wet N Wild's Mellow Wine. This particular blush, on my skin tone, creates a very natural color and finish. Almost done! 

Next apply your mascara. I use Neutrogena's Healthy Lengths in carbon black. A couple coats on both the bottom and top lashes and lastly, I apply my favorite lipstick, which I am wearing in my spring look post, Revelon's Creme Siren #677. I love this color because it's not your traditional red lipstick, it has a orange tone to it which, yes, is perfect for spring! And that is the finished look! Can you tell I like Neutrogena??

No comments:

Post a Comment