Friday, April 18, 2014

Skin Care Routine (Morning & Night)



My current skin care routine is not a specific order of products that I always use every day or even every other day. But the products I'm sharing with you are all things that I do use at some point within the week. Again, I'm going to be listing several Neutrogena products, but a few others as well. First off, a product I've been using for several years now that I highly recommend to anyone, The Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover.  


I use this product on an everyday basis, both in the morning to give myself a clean pallet for any makeup I might wear that day, and then at night to remove any dirt, oil, and of course makeup that accumulated on my face during the day. Personally, for me this time of the year always proves to be bittersweet as I love the warm weather, but the allergies, that accompany the new plant growth, are something that plaque me every year. So, it's even more important and beneficial for me, and perhaps any of you who struggle with allergies this time of year, to wash and keep your skin void of allergens as best you can. My products I use only at night are, first my Neutrogena Pore Refining toner

The purpose of this product is to reduce the appearance of and close pores after cleansing, and also to refine skin. The reason I only use this product at night is so my skin is able to have a full 7 or 8 hours to allow this product to produce optimal results for my skin, but also because this product contains an alpha hydroxy acid that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun, which increases the chance of sunburn. After I've used my cleanser, applied my toner and allowed it to dry, I lastly apply a moisturizer. At night I use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion.

 The reason I reserve this product for night time use, though it does well in hydrating and healing my skin, is it does not contain sunscreen. If you care anything about anti-aging or preserving your skin's youthfulness and elasticity, you should be applying sunscreen to your skin on a daily basis. So for daytime, in the morning, after I've cleansed my skin, I apply Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen

This product is another I highly recommend. I've been using it for quite sometime, and while it does contain SPF 15, it does not have a greasy or heavy texture to it that some of you might associate with certain sunscreen products. So that is my basic skin care routine that I practice on a daily basis!. As for other products that I like to mix in from time to time, I use Biore's new Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser.

 I was honestly drawn to this product by the packaging. The cleanser itself is black in color which I thought was especially interesting. This product also causes a nice cooling sensation on my skin. Also from time to time I like to use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit cleanser and the Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser/Mask


I don't actually have acne but this product is nonetheless beneficial in preventing blemishes from occurring on my skin. Not to mention it smells amazing! As for the cleanser/mask, I like that this product has a bit of grit to it which is great for gently exfoliating my skin, something you should also incorporate into your regular skin care routine. Love your skin and it will love you back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment