Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shopping in California!

About a month ago, I visited the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. I spent two weeks there sightseeing, fine dining, touring and of course shopping! The area is an absolute shopping oasis compared to the options where I'm from. We visited numerous malls and department stores during my visit, but I chose one day in particular to really do some major purchasing. We spent approximately only 3 hours shopping in the outlets at Livermore, but I acquired so many new pieces and couldn't have been more happy with all my purchases.  My first purchase was a green tank top dress from BCBG, this item was on sale, and I purchased it for $13.99. The next item was a 6 pack of multi colored ankle socks from Ralph Lauren, again on sale, and purchased for $15.81. My third purchase was a pair of red shorts from Hollister, these shorts were on sale and I bought them for $12.13. My fourth purchase I was especially proud of, a pair of peachy-pink skinny jeans from J. Crew, on sale, and I was able to use my student discount and purchase them for only $17.98. My last purchase was a duo from one of my favorite stores, Banana Republic; a pair of high waisted turquoise shorts, and a sleeveless, silky blue and white patterned top, totalling $38.13. Both of those items were again, on sale. I was officially ready to deem this my most successful trip ever when I calculated my final total to be only.. drumroll please.. $98.04!! Oh my goodness I couldn't believe it! I'd purchased 6 items, all of which were from designer stores, and under $100! How did I do it? I stuck to my rules! I didn't spend too long in any one store, hence my only 1 purchase per store for all but one. I never spent over $30 for one single item. I didn't even look at anything that wasn't on sale. AND I made sure I bought things that I actually wanted to wear. Below are the actual items I purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment